Monday, April 18, 2016

What a beautiful day!  My students were incredibly excited about learning today!  Especially during STEM!  Today we made an "Exploding Lunch Bag!"  We mixed together water, vinegar, and baking soda inside of a ziploc bag and sealed it.  When the baking soda dissolves it creates a chemical reaction (carbon dioxide) which then fills the bag, causing it to swell, and eventually EXPLODE!  I took a video but since it is so long I'm having trouble sharing it.  I will figure it out and share it with you this week!

Congratulations to Daylin and James for making their AR goals today!  Nice work, boys!

This week's spelling words are: family, saw, paw, purple, know, swing, rang, talk, walk, goes
The spelling test is Friday, April 22.

There are no bonus words this week!

Please remember to listen to your child read their decodable books and please sign the chart by Thursday.  Please remind your child to bring their decodable books to school every day.  We read them in class.

This week's reading story is Jafta.  We read A Game Called Piggle today. Your child should read it to you tonight.  Please sign and return the slip with the book tomorrow.  There will not be a test over this story.  We will test over Jafta on Thursday and Friday.   Please make sure your child is bringing their take home folder and their reading book to school every day.

I hope to see some of you at the Cardinals vs. Cubs game tonight!  I am so excited to watch some of my former students sing God Bless America on the field tonight at Busch Stadium.  My family and I will be cheering on Whiteside and the Cardinals!  (Sorry James and Daylin... ahem... Cubs fans... It's OK, I still love you)  LOL

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment