Monday, February 1, 2016

We had such a fun time today on our 100th day of school!  We counted to 100 so many times today by ones, twos, fives, and tens.  We did 100 jumping jacks to get our blood flowing.  (Yes, I did them too!)  When we were out at recess we held hands in a horizontal line and took 100 steps.  We walked about 3/4 of the way across the field!  The kids had a great time snuggling up on their blankets, reading their books, and enjoying their snacks.  I read a few stories to them today, too.  We also worked in our 100th day activity packet.  The students answered some silly questions about the number 100.  I thought it would be cute to share a few of their responses:

I would love to eat 100 hot dogs. -- Tyrie
I would never eat 100 worms. -- Michael
I can do 100 jumping jacks. -- Micah
I can't do 100 push-ups. -- Tiara
I wish I had 100 books. -- Alexis
I would never want 100 brothers. -- James

One of the activities was to tell what you would do if you had $100.  Here are some of those responses:
I would buy a beach house in Florida. -- Patrick
I would give the money to God. -- Colt
I would buy a clubhouse. -- Dasani
I would buy food and clothes for homeless people. -- Tiara

We also made words out of the letters in the words ONE HUNDRED. We came up with 16 and ran out of room so we stopped.  Ask your child what word they came up with!

We started to make a book of 100 things at the end of the day but we ran out of time so we will finish those tomorrow.  

Thanks for sending in everything we needed today!  We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment