Friday, February 12, 2016

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Hello all of my first grade friends!  We had an exciting week!  Our Valentine's Day party was a hit!  Thanks so much to James' mom for organizing all of the fun!  Thanks to all of the parents and friends who helped make the party a success!

Happy birthday to Cadynne!  Thanks Cadynne's mom for the yummy cookies and for the fun party blowers.

As you hopefully noticed, there was not a spelling list sent home today.  I will be sending it home on Tuesday.  Don't worry, your child will still have PLENTY of time to study because we won't take our test over the next list until Thursday, February 25.  Call it a Valentine's Day present from me to you!

If you are just itching to get a head start on those words they are:
knew, knee, draw, cause, boy, coin, write, wrist, know, who
Bonus Words: laugh, caught

Just a reminder there is no school on Monday, February 16 in honor of Presidents' Day.

Parent Teacher Conferences are on Thursday, February 25 after school until 7:30 p.m. and in the morning on Friday, February 16 until noon.  There is no school on Friday, February 26.  I have sent home conference notes with everyone.  I have indicated on the note whether or not I am requesting that we meet.  If you have not signed and returned the form to me, please do so this week; especially if I requested a conference with you.

Enjoy a three day weekend full of warmth with your lovely families!


No comments:

Post a Comment