Friday, May 18, 2018

5.17.18

One full week to go until summer!  Then of course there's the half day on the 29th! 

We have a lot of fun activities coming up but we are still hard at work in first grade!  I'm still continuing teaching all subjects trying to squeeze every last bit of learning in... otherwise they tend to get a little squirrely!  I am throwing in a lot of fun stuff too, so it's a nice balance! 

On Monday FREDBIRD is coming to visit us!!!!  Please have your kids wear their Cardinal Red!

Tuesday is our all day read in.  There are still plenty of slots left for any parents or grandparents who want to come in and read to the class!  Please send a small blanket or beach towel, three of your child's favorite books (with their name written inside), a FLASHLIGHT, and a healthy snack.  We plan on doing some flashlight reading for fun! 

Congratulations to Joelle, Maggie, Madison, and Salvador who made their AR Challenge goal this week!  Speaking of which... we have extended the last day to make AR goals and the challenge goal so that we can take AR quizzes on books we have read on our Read In day!  The last day to make your AR goal or Challenge goal will be Thursday, May 24!  We have a few who are a couple points away and I KNOW they can do it if they put in a little extra effort!  Unfortunately, I will not be sending any more of my books home, since it's so close to the end of the year.  So any books that they want to test on will have to be books from home or books read at school. 

Happy Birthday to Camdyn!  Thank you for the yummy cupcakes!  Madison also has a birthday this month, so happy birthday to her too!  I'm saying it now because with all of the craziness of the end of the year I don't want to forget! 

Our visit to Morningside yesterday was AWESOME!  The kids were SO well behaved and they sang beautifully!  All of the residents enjoyed their performance. I was so very proud of my little firsties.  I took a bunch of pictures and videos, which I will try to share soon.  Thank you to Maggie's parents who came to watch our performance!

Have a great weekend! 
Hugs & High Fives!
Ms. Bleich

No comments:

Post a Comment