Sunday, January 15, 2017

Happy 4 Day Weekend!

Hello Firsties and Friends!  I hope you are all enjoying your somewhat unexpected 4 day weekend!  I hope that all of you stayed safe and warm!  I am currently on a train heading back from a weekend in Chicago.  I wanted to give you a few reminders for the week.  I'm completely going off of memory, so if I make any mistakes, I apologize, and I will correct those mistakes when I'm at my desk on Tuesday.

Happy Birthday to Zariyah and J'Vier!

Congratulations to Zachary and Makaelyn who received Star Student Awards for turning in ALL of their second quarter homework assignments on time!

Thank you to Mariana and Simon who brought in snacks for the whole class to share.  These snacks are given out to the students who forget their snack.  Please remember your child is allowed to bring a healthy snack every day.  Some popular examples of healthy snacks are: fresh fruit, vegetables, yogurt, cheese, trail mix, crackers of any kind, granola bars, cereal, jello, pretzels, goldfish, hard boiled eggs, lunch meat, etc.  (I allow pop tarts and fruit snacks, too)  Please remember we have someone with a peanut allergy in our room.

No school on Monday, January 16-- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  We have spent the past two weeks reading about and discussing the life and passion of Dr. King.  I hope that your child has been able to share some of the things with you that they learned about this brave man who changed the world.

Due to our snow day this past Friday, our spelling test will be on Tuesday, January 17.  Your child wrote that message on their spelling list for you to see.  Those words are: fine, hide, shine, home, cold, old, joke, bike, give, saw
Behind the current list in their protective sleeve is the list for next week.  Please start looking at and studying those words with your child, as well, since next week is a four day week.  The new words are: rule, tube, cute, cube, hive, dive, love, have, five, use

Our Unit 4 reading test is Wednesday, January 18.  We will review in class on Tuesday and I will send home a study guide.

Please remember to read and record at least 4 books on your child's reading log by Tuesday, Jan. 17.  Reading Homework Journals are due on Thursday, Jan. 19.

Don't forget the "Proper Nouns About Me" homework is due this week.  I cannot remember what day I said, since I don't have my plan book in front of me, but if you look at the front side of the paper it says it on there.  Thanks to those who have already completed it and turned it in! If you lost it and need another copy, please let me know.

We have early dismissal on Wednesday, Jan. 18 due to teachers' meetings.  Children will be dismissed at 2 pm.

That is all that I can think of at this time but I will let you know if I made a mistake or forgot something important.

Hugs and High Fives!
Ms. Bleich :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment