Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What a crazy couple of days I have had!  I'm sure most of your children have shared with you that I moved over the weekend.  (My students looked PANICKED when I said I was moving!  NO WORRIES I told them!  It's only a 2 block move! ha)  The move went well but then my daughter got sick.  She still isn't well and now I feel like I am getting sick, too.  I have decided to stay home tomorrow to knock these germies out!  I don't normally get sick but I think I overdid it this weekend with the moving and my body is telling me to slow down!  I just wanted to let you know why I haven't been here.  I've already had a few of you emailing to check on me.  Thank you for that!  You gave me the warm fuzzies!!!

I was here this morning to administer the reading test (this was before I knew I was getting sick).  Our class did AWESOME on that test!!!!  I had them all kiss their brains for being such smarties!!!  The part that they had the most trouble with was the sequencing.  We will continue to work on that skill.  I will send home the test results by Thursday, I hope.

Congratulations to Tyrie, Landon, and James for making their AR goals!  Woo hoo!!  We are just ROCKING this whole reading thing!

Spelling words for this week: and, six, three, go, wrote, free, teach, street, tree, eat
Bonus: climbed, spider

Stay healthy everyone!  There's a lot of yuckies going around.

Wow... I just reread my blog.... germies, warm fuzzies, kissing brains, yuckies... yep... you can tell I'm a first grade teacher.  hee hee


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! I hope you knock those yuckies out of the park and get to feeling better! I asked Tyrie how you were. He says" Not so well.Mom substitute teachers are great but, I really missed Ms.Bleich!" (Smiles Lol) His little brain amazes me. I know I thank you tons for all you do for your students. Again I THANK YOU for being an amazing teacher!!! Tyrie amazes me with all his work. To read your blog is extremely heart felt!! I hope you and your daughter get to feeling better!!! A HUGE high five to all the kiddos for doing AWESOME on their tests!!!

    ReplyDelete